Home inspections aren’t just for home buyers. Home sellers also gain peace of mind by investing in a thorough home inspection prior to putting a house up for sale. The last-minute discovery of problems by a prospective buyer can lead to time delays, added expenses and can even stop a deal altogether. Your best prevention measure as a home seller is to have an inspection done prior to listing your home. Schedule you Seller Pre-Listing Inspection Today!
You may want to consider a Seller PreListing Inspection which can ensure the sale process will go smoothly and quickly. A Seller PreListing Inspection is the same as a residential home buyer’s inspection except the information is obtained for the seller. The seller can use this information to fix or repair any items prior to getting a ready, willing and able buyer, because eventually, your buyers are going to conduct an inspection. You may as well know what they are going to find by getting there first. Schedule you Seller PreListing Inspection Portland Today! Having an inspection performed ahead of time helps in many other ways, such as:
* It allows you to see your home through the eyes of a critical and neutral third party.
* It alerts you to immediate safety issues before agents and visitors tour your home.
* It may alert you to items of immediate concern, such as radon gas or active termite infestation.
* It permits you to make repairs ahead of time without being rushed and paying too much because of a time limit contingency.
* Defects won’t become negotiating stumbling blocks later.
* There is no delay in obtaining the Use and Occupancy Permit.
* You have the time to make the repairs yourself, if qualified.
* It helps you to price your home realistically.
* It may relieve prospects’ concerns and suspicions.
* It may encourage the buyer to waive their inspection contingency.
* It reduces your liability by adding professional supporting documentation to your disclosure statement.
Receipts for any repairs should be made available to potential buyers.
An inspector can alert you to red flag safety issues.
Shield you from costly discoveries after you buy the home and protect your financial interests.
Give you buyer’s confidence.
Get a full scope of the maintenance and type of repairs that may be necessary.
An inspection report can help your insurance agent facilitate the proper coverage.
A pre-inspected home is a great marketing tool.
Offer full disclosure to potential buyers so all parties can proceed in the home purchase process with confidence.
By having an inspection done and disclosing needed repairs, you control repair negotiations and could save thousands of dollars.
Avoid disappointment from the unknown with last minute emergency repairs and closing delays.
Protect your investment by having it “inspected once, inspected right!”
Oregon Certified Home Inspector OCHI# 1827
Construction Contractors Board CCB# 211341
We schedule home inspections Monday through Sunday.
Owned and operated by Professional Licensed and Certified Home Inspector, Jeff Gresham, Doctor J’s Home Inspections takes pride in his commitment to following high standards and providing professional service to all of our customers.
Let this experienced Portland, Oregon Home Inspection company help keep you from buying The Money Pit. We’ll alert you to health or safety issues and maintenance needs of the home you’re looking to buy.
Doctor J’s Home Inspections will be your home buying or selling advocate! We are committed to providing you with outstanding service. We’re highly experienced and extremely thorough, yet have excellent communications skills to be able to put the entire house into perspective for you. If you’re looking to buy or sell in the Portland, Oregon area, we can help!